Our Fight Against Infertility

We have been married for 10 yrs. We have a beautiful 9yr old daughter, who is just amazing. We are ready for another addition to our family. We are ready to go, we just need a little help. With two failed IVF cycles and an IUI, we arent sure whats next!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Beta Results

Well, it was negative. I am still in shock. Even with the negative home pregnancy test, I still had hope. I really felt pregnant, I still cant believe Im not. My husband and I both were SO excited for the phone call from our RE office. We were both giggling when the phone rang....we knew it was going to be good news! I saw his face change while he was on the phone, and I knew what that meant. NEGATIVE.

I cried non stop for a few days. I am just now able to talk about it. I am devastated. I have emailed back and forth with our RE and have a phone review set up for later today. So far, he has said that my egg quality is just too poor for the embryos to keep dividing. He has mentioned trying medicated iui's for awhile, since they are less invasive and less expensive, and we still have a chance with that.

So for now, we are back in the same place I feel we have been stuck in for a long time now. I am still hopeful though. I will not be giving up anytime soon. I dont think we will be doing IVF for awhile though. I need a brake from that.

I will be back, I wont be leaving this blog untill I have a baby in my arms!

1 comment:

Jeremy and Paty said...

I am so sorry. I never got to the point of actually having a beta result, but I can imagine the pain of going through the WHOLE process and being let down. I really was pulling for you and hoping you would get your positive. I still get sad with every monthly reminder of my failure, especially today, even though I'm not actively trying. I just think there might be a miracle one of these months. Sad...I know. Our hearts go out to you, and all I can really say is that, "THIS ALL JUST REALLY SUCKS!" Sorry...I'm not in a happy mood today and your post just made me sadder. :o(